Sunday 26 September 2010

Weekend Antics x x x

Where has the weekend gone?! As per usual it has flown by & it was jam packed. I had a lovely weekend this weekend and purchased some fantastic goodies for our house. I love finding new homes for our new arrivals and cant wait to get in and unpack them! On Saturaday I was invited to Northampton Bicyle Vintage Fair with Carol. I met Carol through her daughter Chelsey - who did the odd Carboots at Milton Keynes the Bowl last year. I hadn't even heard about the Bicycle Vintage Fair and was so excited when she mentioned it - its held at the old Fish Market. As I still havent got round to learning to drive I caught the train - taking my book for company! - and met Carol there. It was sooooooooo lovely - only £5 a stall - and there was lots of unusual items being sold. I picked up a few items as in the photos below - plus a couple of gorgeous pressies for a friend who is expecting - but can't put the photos on here as don't want to ruin the suprise! These are the items I bought for our house:

Beautiful Padded layered Shabby Chic Heart £4

I bought a few of these items on Saturday: - they look fantastic together!

Close up of new purchases! Padded red hearts x 2 and the strainer and corkscrew (bought in a job lot from Chelsey!)

2 of my 3 new Oxo tins (also bought in a job lot from Chelsey!)

Shabby Chic Floral Mini Badges x x

Rustic Twine Hearts x 2

Beautiful Floral Vintage tin x x x

Rustic Vintage Cow & Gate Tin 

I was so pleased with my purchases and had a lovely time. Carol then took me to this lovely little cafe near by for lunch which was delicious. Then we had cold noses so we went back to Carols and sat in front of her open fire until my lift home arrived!! Also bought some fantastic items for the shop!

After arriving home and putting my new items into their new places round the house I spent the evening at home with Adam snuggling up in front of our fire with our pooches after tucking into French Stick and Camembert - delicious!



Today was another busy but lovely day. 
Up early at 5am to search for new stock for the shop & for my house. Was so cold this morning and not as busy as normal but still found some fantastic items. Stock for the shop will be put out today and tomorrow.

For my house I bought:

Adam LOVES old cases and Boxes - today I found this small "worn" case and this small Wooden box!

He was so pleased with his new items and they fit into his room perfectly!

These 2 decanters are in our bathroom and are going to look fantastic with bubble bath inside! I also bought the small scent bottle in the photo - but doesn't show too well.

 I also found this delightful Lady Di and Prince Charles Commemorative Mug to celebrate their wedding in 1981. Its by Wedgewood and will either go onto our eBay store or we may take to the York House vintage fair in November.

1981 Wedgewood Commemorative Mug - Lady Di & Charles

I went home after opening the shop and sorting the stock out for our lovely Sunday girl to start putting out. Had a delicious relaxing bath and caught up with some household chores. Popped out to pick up some ingredients for dinner, had a few refreshing beverages from The New Queen Victoria on the way back & shut the shop at 4pm.
Adam prepared his famous Chicken, Brie & Mushroom Pie whilst I got the fires started!

Dining Room Roaring Fire!

Adams not so fantastic looking but great tasting Pie
And for the rest of the evening we have chilled out enjoying these. Early night tonight and then in the shop in the morning putting stock out.

Speak Soon, Laura x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment